Serving Our Veteran Students
In this episode of Common Grounds, we talk with Justin Parker, Director of Veteran Services, about the special needs of our veteran students and how the university works to support them.
If you are a new listener to Common Grounds, we would love to hear from you. Please visit our website and let us know what you think about this and previous episodes!
In this episode, we discuss:
- The special accommodations that currently serving and veteran students may require
- What resources and support Veteran Services provides for veteran students and faculty
- The training that Veteran Services will be offering faculty in the Spring
- The university’s upcoming Veterans Day Celebration
Follow our Podcast
Join the Conversation
Our favorite part of recording a live podcast every other week is participating in the great conversations that happen on social media and in our comments section on our YouTube channel.
This week’s question is:
What do you think of the podcast so far? Do you have any episode topic requests? If so, please share your feedback/ideas with us via our social media accounts.
Explore these Resources
In this episode, we mentioned the following resources:
- Veteran Services:
- Student Veterans of America:
- Advisor: Tashua Dennis, Veteran Services, 256-782-8840
- Email: email@example.com
- Facebook Page: @JSUSVA
A very special thank you to Dr. Andy Nevala of the JSU David L. Walters Department of Music for contributing our theme music, “Stars Fell of Alabama” by Frank Perkins and Mitchell Parish.
Have an episode suggestion? Contact us via email or social media
- contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Instagram: jsucommongrounds
- Twitter: @PodcastCommon
- Facebook: @thecommongroundspodcast