What Freshman Want Faculty to Know
In this episode of Common Grounds, we reveal the results of a survey sent out to all incoming freshman about what they want faculty at JSU to know about them and their goals for the upcoming year and their time here.
In this episode, we discuss:
- The statistics related to incoming freshman for the semester
- How the survey was distributed and the questions it contained
- Demographics of the respondents
- A summary of some of the most common, surprising, and thought-provoking responses
- How faculty can take the responses into consideration in their interactions with freshman
- The Umbrella Alliance student organization
Follow our Podcast
Join the Conversation
Our favorite part of recording a live podcast each week is participating in the great conversations that happen on social media and in our comments section on our YouTube channel.
This week’s question is:
We’ve heard from the freshman. Now, let us hear from you. What advice would you give to freshman to help them through the rest of the academic year?
Explore these Resources
In this episode, we mentioned the following resources:
- JSU Institutional Research & Analytics http://www.jsu.edu/oira/index.html
- Umbrella Alliance
- Safe Zone Training: http://www.jsu.edu/studentaffairs/safe-zone/index.html
A very special thank you to Dr. Andy Nevala of the JSU David L. Walters Department of Music for contributing our theme music, “The Stars Fell of Alabama” by Frank Perkins and Mitchell Parish.
Have an episode suggestion? Contact us via email or social media
- email: email@example.com
- Instagram: jsucommongrounds
- Twitter: @PodcastCommon
- Facebook: @thecommongroundspodcast